Occasional Visitor
Sonlight

External hard drive not reading on my computer.

My computer will no longer read my WD Elements external hard drive.  I am operation on windows vista.  The power light on my external hard drive flashes but when I connect it to my computer (and I have tried 3 different computers), the computer does not see it.  I thought my USB cable was bad and purchased a new one and it still is not working.  I am a photographer and all my 2010 work is on this hard drive.  Any suggestions?

Esteemed Contributor
Lawrence

Re: External hard drive not reading on my computer.

Is the drive plugged directly into a wall outlet not using a power strip? If it is still not recognized and you drive is still under warranty it should be worth replacing. You can also contact WD tech support on a list of data recovery agents to be referred to for recovering the data. Or check out some other people on the forum who utilize data recovery software.

"Study the lie and they will make new lies up...Study the truth and you will know when the lie comes."
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD