Ext. Hard Drive (WD Elements) not recognized and no capacity shown

Hi Guys,

Im not familiar with much computer technical terms. and problem is as mentioned in the topic, I have tried connecting the drive to a PC and its not getting connected.

the screen shot below shows the “disk 2” is not shown and there’s no capacity shown, its a 1TB drive. “device manager” shows the device and mentions it as functioning properly.

Appreciate any help. tks. 

Hello and welcome to the WD Community. 

If you have information that you are trying to recover, you will need to try using a data recovery software to see if you can get the data out of the drive.

The drive is showing as not initilize, sounds like the drive got corrupted. The drive might need to be initialize to re-create the partition, This will take you to format the drive and any previews information will be erase.

ERmorel wrote:

Hello and welcome to the WD Community.  Hi ER, Tks.

If you have information that you are trying to recover, you will need to try using a data recovery software to see if you can get the data out of the drive. Yes i would prefer to get my data back…any WD data recovery software available for me to get my previous data?

The drive is showing as not initilize, sounds like the drive got corrupted. The drive might need to be initialize to re-create the partition, This will take you to format the drive and any previews information will be erase. yeh i think its corrupted but hoping to get the data 1st without loosing it?

Hi, 

Currently, I’m not able to advise you or mention any specific software. 

I did a quick search online and it gave me a few options that you might try.

https://www.google.com.do/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=free%20data%20recovery%20software

Sometimes you can boot from a Linux Live CD and access the data also.

Joe

^^Tks. guys will chk. them out

I have the same problem, cant recover data with any recovery software, any ideas???