Occasional Visitor
Philipp

Driver Error Message: WD SES Device USB Device

Hello there,

I bought a WD My Passport Essential(500Gb) today, its working fine, but my OS shows me that "WD SES Device USB Device" is not installed and may not work. (Code 28)

My OS: Win7 x86

Greetings Philipp

Advisor
shivsajjan

Re: Driver Error Message: WD SES Device USB Device

Hi,

Right-Click the WD SES Driver in the Device Manager & Left-Click 'Update Driver'.

Choose 'Install from a specific location'.The SES Driver is in the WD Smartware VCD within the Folder 'Extras'.

ShiV

Occasional Visitor
biolmuzquiz

i have the samentrouble but my passport  is 250 gb and my kind of windows is 7 home edition and i don't know if i can follow the same direction

Advisor
mohammedw88

Follow the steps below:

. Right Click on My Computer/Computer, Select Manage.

. On the New Screen, select Device Manager and then look on the WD SES drivers with yellow mark,

. Then Right Click on it, and select Update drivers.

. Now select WD Smartware and then select WD SES drivers under Extras.

Frequent Advisor
JCF2009

Pass the WD SES folder to the Windows\system32\drivers, i did that and it works ok without asking anything.

Occasional Advisor
LoboFan59

mohammedw88 and JCF2009,

What if you removed the VCD from the drive?  Will the steps you outlined above still work?

Frequent Advisor
JCF2009

Yes, i use mine without the virtual cd and it works fine, at least for the elite version, but you could try it. Copy the driver folder to windows and then disable VCD, cycle power the portable drive, connect again and if it asks for the driver browse for it.

Frequent Visitor
alanc

I am getting Access is Denied, when I try to install the driver. Also when I run   WD Smartware.exe it fails with 25 seconds to go.

Regular Advisor
solution

have you try on others PC? need more detail.

Please click the Kudos if post help you solve the problem.
Frequent Visitor
alanc

I have a Dell Inspiron 510m laptop and am using Windows XP Home. I could try on another laptop but if I plug it into another laptop and it works OK, surely it would then backup all the data on that laptop. And I don't want it to do that.

Another clue to the problem is that I have had problems with installing any new USB devices for a while. When I plug in a new USB pen, instead of it just installing as it should, I get the Hardware Update Wizard appearing over and over again, one on top of the other. Eventually I manage to cancel all these occurences and the USB install with errors. Then if I go into the Device Manager, I can see the USB device with an exclamation mark by it. If I then reinstall the driver from there it installs OK.

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD