Driver Error Message: WD SES Device USB Device

Hi, really long discussion, but I still can’t find a solution for my problem. Sorry for a longer post :o)

1. I have My Book Elite 2TB normally installed at work PC (XP PRO), just as a proof if it is working. Everything is working fine, including WDSmartWare. I did it right after I got it because of eager.

2. Then I tried to install it at home PC (XP PRO) and something went wrong. Every time I connect My Book to the home PC it first slows down the whole system, than after 2 min. PC stops responding to any command from a mouse and kbd. but it not freezes. If I have Task Manager opened I can see processes changing, but at the end I have to reset my PC to start again.

If My Book is connected to the PC during boot, it freezes PC even before the BIOS can finish it’s job (at checking USB mass storage…).

1. Then I thought it is something wrong with this hard drive, but I tried to install it on my laptop (Vista home) and everything went just fine. It works normally and WDSmartWare works fine too.

Finally I have found the WS SES Device is missing on my home PC. I have installed a driver from the “extras” folder and I have got the WD SES Device in the Device Manager, but with a yellow error mark on it. I just tried to update driver for a couple of times, but with no result. It says system could not find a better match for your computer… Maybe there is a better driver somewhere but I can’t find it.  (This one is Version: 1.0.8.0 - from 6.3.2009.)  Any suggestions?