Drive not recognized, Win 7 32-Bit, RC1

The system that is giving me the issue is based on an ASRock M3A785GXH/128M motherboard, which has the AMD 785 Northbridge, and an ATI SB750 Southbridge.  This system is running Window 7, RC1, however, it is a clean installation with no prior OS, on a RAID 0.  The systems that the drive is working on both are running Window 7 RC1 as well, however, both of these systems have been upgraded from XP Pro > Vista Home Premium > Window 7 RC1.  Perplexing, to say the least.

I’ve tried all of the motherboard USB connectors on the I/O panel, as well as the four additional ports provided on the case with the same results.  The drive sits there, power LED is lit, and pulsing, and I can hear the drive running, but, the system never notifies me that it is loading the device, nor does the drive show up in Explorer, or under anywhere else it should.  Works perfectly everytime with the other two systems.  The OS is fully patched and updated, and the mobo drivers are the latest that are available from the manufacturer - I used the ones on the CD, and double checked the website, no others are out to date that I have located.

Beats me.  If I had to make a call on this one, I’d say that there is some driver issue with the SB750, but so far, I’ve turned up nothing pertinent in my searches there.  Either that, or I have invoked the ire of the Bit Gods…  :wink: