Disappointed about WD My Passport and WD External HD

I’m really Disappointed about WD My Passport I Bought one and just a year after, when I connected it to my PC it just stopped working, don’t know if it was a Security Software Problem or the HD itself, but it didn’t work again, I lost all my data and because I live in the caribbean it was more cheaper buy a new one than send it back to WD with the guarantee. I’m really mad and disappointed, if someone ask my I would never recommend a WD My Passport to anyone, because now what I can do I lost all my data and there is no way I can get It back and more important I lost my money, I really won’t trust again in any WD product

Hi JimmyEsY, welcome to the WD Community. Sorry to hear you cannot access your files. Please note that there are many variables that can result in a failed drive, such as power outages, accidental physical damage, internal component failure, and computer viruses, just to name a few. Have you tried some simple troubleshooting steps like using another USB cable or connecting the Passport to another PC? Always be sure to use the USB cable that came bundled with the Passport and avoid using USB hubs, since longer USB cables can cause power inconsistencies.

In any case, if all fails I recommend you to contact tech support directly, they can help you narrow down the cause of the problem.

http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp

I already did all that, and I already contact tech support and sent them and copy of a test did by a software of you, than said that HD was damage and need to be replaced, I didn’t dropped it and it was always in a safe place and I always used it USB cable always, just one day it stop worked that’s all. and it was more cheap for me buy a new one than sent it to get a new one. I’m really mad and disappointed about WD, because when I bought something so expensive is because it have quality and will work for long time. I don’t know you, but I will never recommended again WD, I lose my money and even your support team didn’t solve anything or did nothing.

Hello All,

I have same issue after purchasing in around 1 year my harddrive stopped working and I lost all my data.  Now since I moved to India and do not have warranty card . you need to accept my issue and resolve to my satisfaction

My WD details are as below -

S/N -[Deleted]

P/N -WDBACX0010BBK-01 

The product was purchased some time in 2011-12 and it should have been under warranty but I do not have warranty card 

Let me know if it will replaced or not 

Regards

Ketan Jain

They really should resolve our issue with their products because sometimes is more cheaper buy one new than send it back to WD, I lost all my data, so if you don’t help us and your personal service doesn’t do their job, so how I will trust WD products? or recommend it to someone else? or even say your personal service satisface me and resolved my problem?

I’m really grateful right now with WD Customer Service, they called me and solved my problem. Don’t Know why WD Tech Support couldn’t help me in first time, even I lost my data I’m really happy I don’t lost my money! I have again faith in WD.

I have exactly the problem you did except I am out of warranty and Tech won’t talk to me. They say get a new one. What was the solution that they helped you with to fix your problem Jimmy?

Hi, well sorry to hear that… But there is a problem after few hours after I talked with WD Costumer Service, the WD My passport Isn’t working anymore… I started to save some files… And them puff it was broken again and I lost some of the date again! I’m really ■■■■ off with WD right know… They really need to pay attetion because right know I lost again any trust In their product, If I were you I will forget about this… They try to help us but I lost my money and my data again… If they don’t do something to sastify my or solve my problem I wouldn’t recommend any of their product at Amazon or other web site and to any of my friends who ask me for a HD or any ED products.