Creating Multiple Partitions on WD Passport 1TB

Hii Guys,

Using the WD 1TB passport for a few months now. However I was wondering if it was safe to partition the external HDD, as 1TB is a lot & I wish to classify my data under 2 or 3 different partitions. Gonna use Easeus Partition Master & NTFS format to repartition my drive which is currently empty. How will multiple partitions affect the following functions/actions

1. Disconnecting the drive

2. Installing SES Driver

3. Installing WD Security & Drive Utilities

After creating multiple partitions, how does WD security behave? For eg. will I be able to lock individual partitions separately i.e. each partition having a different password? Or all the partitions get locked simultaneously with the same password? In short I wanna know how the system & various WD softwares function when multiple partitions exist on an external HDD.

Thanks…

CyberDrive,

It is safe to create multiple partitions as the SES driver installs individually on the host computer system. On regards to disconnecting the drive, as long as all partitions are safely ejected first, then you should have no issues disconnecting.

On the other hand, WD Security will not encrypt individual partitions, as it locks the disk drive as a whole.

2 Likes

thanks that was helpful.