Corrupted Drive

Is there a way to restore My Passport to it’s original settings? After attempting to clone my computer hard drive using Spotmau software, neither the disc was cloned, nor can My Passport be used. Spotmau managed to partition the disc, but before it could actually copy files it crashed my computer.  I’d simply like to reformat My Passport and restore it to it’s original condition. It’s new and has no data on it. The reason I choose to use the cloning software was that I could never get the software provided by WD to work (“SmarteWare”) and I was looking for a total backup and easy recovery system.

See if this helps http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3865 Also checkout WD site for their format tool. Maybe something like Acronis True Image is what you are looking for. They have a try and buy offer. EaseUS, Paragon and Macrium all have free versions of their imaging software. You don’t want to clone the drive you want to make an image of it. I use Acronis and have restored the systel partition in about 15 min.

Joe

1 Like