Occasional Visitor
thorxx23

Cant format 1tb to Fat32

[ Edited ]

I just purchased a "My Passport 1 T Essential SE" WD outboard HDD and I cant reformat it to FAT32. I downloaded the program from WD but it gives the following error: Drive size is too small or not supported (WD0740USBDevice)

I want to use this with my PS3 but until I can convert it to Fat 32 it is useless to me.

Dont ya just love new gadgets! What would I do with all my free time if not learning about how to use these conveniences?

Honored Contributor
Vadir

Re: Cant format 1tb to Fat32

You may be using an old software from WD, you can reformat the drive from a Mac, or from Windows using third party software, like Acronis WD Edition:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/291/st/5/sno/1/search/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzI2NzM3...

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and click 'Accept as Solution' under options, for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD