Can't Access Past Back-Ups on Passport Essential

There’s a drop-down menu to “Manage” the space you want to allot to back-ups. That the back-ups exist on the Passport is certain, because of the disk-space used. (I emptied the rest of the drive of everything but back-ups.) HOWEVER, when I try to access any back-up prior to the most recent, nothing appears in the drop-down menu. I can choose any time-interval the drop-down menu allows users to choose, but none but the most recent back-up appears.

I have the option to Delete any of the past back-ups but not to access any, and I really really need to access one from the fairly distant past. If anyone can tell me why this drop-down menu will not allow access to back-ups–back-ups that appear capable only of being deleted–I would really appreciate a response.

Thank you!

Hi hilaryp, what backup software are you using?

I’m afraid I don’t see the relevance of this response to my question. I use the “Back-up” option on Windows 7. That the back-ups are on the Passport is evidenced by the exact disk space used by the increments of four back-ups, listed in “Manage,” as well as the exact corresponding figure on the Windows “pie-chart.”

Can anyone help me figure out the answer to this question? Thanks!

If the Community doesn’t know the answer to this question, does anyone know the email address to write to WD? Thank you. Accessing this Passport involves a court case, so any help would be much appreciated.

Hi hilaryp, please check your private messages.