Occasional Visitor
saurabhkool

Cable Test: Read Diagnostic sector error

Dear All

I have WD 2500BEAS (250GB) external drive. Today it was fallen down and it stopped working.  When I connect to PC it make some low noise (as something is rotating) and then after 4-5 beeps it stops and PC shows some new Hardware but nothing can be read from the PC and it does not even show the drive. 

I tried " Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostic" with "extended Test" but it shows "Cable Test:: Read diagnostics sector error"

I have some very important data in the drive. So please suggest what to do.. I would really appreciate your help or any suggestions..

Looking forward to hear from you 

Saurabh

Community Manager
Bill_S

Re: Cable Test: Read Diagnostic sector error

If you dropped the drive, you are probably looking at data recovery. 

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD