Occasional Visitor

Cable Test: Read Diagnostic sector error

Dear All

I have WD 2500BEAS (250GB) external drive. Today it was fallen down and it stopped working.  When I connect to PC it make some low noise (as something is rotating) and then after 4-5 beeps it stops and PC shows some new Hardware but nothing can be read from the PC and it does not even show the drive. 

I tried " Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostic" with "extended Test" but it shows "Cable Test:: Read diagnostics sector error"

I have some very important data in the drive. So please suggest what to do.. I would really appreciate your help or any suggestions..

Looking forward to hear from you 

Community Manager

Re: Cable Test: Read Diagnostic sector error

If you dropped the drive, you are probably looking at data recovery. 

Starting Monday, October 12, 2015, the WD Community will go into a read-only maintenance mode. The read-only maintenance mode will last for approximately one week while we do a major refresh of the community. Please be patient with us during this time.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2015 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD