Booster cable connects to passport using new method!

My passport 1tb drive was not receiving enough power to boot up I was told.So wd sent me a booster cable to remedy the problem but it still would not boot up no matter what I did,I tried on countless pcs and laptops but it still wouldn’t come on.So yesterday I connect it using a different technique,I plug in the 2 USB connectors to the laptop at the same time ,before I did this the other part was already connected to the drive and when I did that the drive appeared with all my files!!! So the first thing I did was copy all my irreplaceable photos.After I did that the drive shutdown and i was back to square one again.I tried using the method again but it did not work.So I know the drive is not damage it could be that it still not receiving enough power!!

See if the Passport is recognized by the DLG tool, if it is try running a test. 

How to test a drive for problems using Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows

Thanks for responding ,but it seems that after it gets hot to a certain level it shuts down.but I was able to get most of the important files off.i have to wait a little while before I can repeat copying again-but I will run a diagnostic test and report back here