Big Issue with My Passport Extenral SE 1TB

Hi All,

I have bought a my passport External HDD SE 1TB yesterday. At the beginning, I formated it and copied some movies into it. After copying those movies into my friends’s laptop, I formated it again to make it fresh ( preventing virus from other laptop).

Now the problem appears. My PC kept reporting the format process unsuccessfully. From now on, It could not recognized my passport anymore. Eventhough, I can see it already plugged into my PC. I tried to download driver updater and any solution I have seen so far. Unluckily, it does not work with it. Now I m sitting to look at the $100 External HDD which just worked for one backing up.

PS: During the failing format process, I also unplugged in unsafe way. I know this is the wrong way, but I don’t think it created the big issue like this. Help me out please. Where is WD staff? please come and solve this problem.

Did you delete the partition/volume before fromatting? http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3865
Joe

I did last night. I worked on my friend’s laptop. I used the Disk Management in My Computer. It formatted succesfully. The external HDD was recognized as H driver. However, after plugging into my PC, the problem s still existing. The PC connected to my passport, but it does not show up in windown explorer. And now I pluged it back to my friend’s laptop ( the same one I used to formated by the way you recommended), it does not show up either. What’s wrong with it?

Do I need to replace it?

You’re doomed . . . next time don’t buy a Passport