Anyone else experiencing this?

Hi All,

I have owned a WD Sync Passport for approx. 2 years now. I purchased a laptop with Windows 7 back in November and just recently found my passport after not having used it in almost a year. When I ran it on my laptop I got a message that says ‘WD Sync is currently provided as a FREE featured 30 DAYS TRIAL version’. I just clicked on ‘try’ so I could gain access to the files on it. Well, 30 days have passed and it is now requiring me to either purchase WD Sync or activate it. I don’t have an activation key and would like to be able to access my info on the drive. Any suggestions?

How were you using WD Sync, that you have to have a license now?  If you have the exe file on the root of the passport, you shouldn’t need a license.

I originally bought the drive on Ebay about 2 years ago and I believe (can’t quite remember) that I may have had to set it up on my old PC. Once it was plugged in it was ready to go. But not sure why this is doing it to me now with a different version of windows. When I used the ‘try it’ option I was able to access my files on there, not knowing I was actually going to lose use of the passport after 30 days :confused:

Slacker wrote:

I originally bought the drive on Ebay about 2 years ago and I believe (can’t quite remember) that I may have had to set it up on my old PC. Once it was plugged in it was ready to go. But not sure why this is doing it to me now with a different version of windows. When I used the ‘try it’ option I was able to access my files on there, not knowing I was actually going to lose use of the passport after 30 days :confused:

The try it option is there because you’re either, one, trying the use the software on your computer - which it was not designed for, or two, you don’t have it on the root of the Passport drive.  If you register your Passport drive, you will have access to the WD Sync software that came with the Passport originally. 

If you’ve been using a newer version of WD Sync on your computer from DMailer, then we don’t support it.  You will need to go to DMailer for help with the software.  Check out the link below to see if it’s the same software.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1434

So are you saying my Passport no longer works on Windows 7 laptop?  I originally bought it when I had a Windows XP desktop.

Of course, I’m not saying that.  The Passport should work fine without WD Sync.  You can copy and paste your data on to the Passport drive.