3 DAYS to BACK UP Folders & Files or longer/ Passport?

Really, when I purchased this MY PASSPORT 1 terrbyte external hard drive, I was under the assumption, that it would be semi decent speedy in transferring copying / transferring folders & files from my main hard drive to the MY PASSPORT External hard drive .

Such is NOT the case ~ !!

I’m “NOT” even trying to copy the entire contents of the C Drive of my computer, only a segment of the C drive that contains some folders & files .

I wasn’t aware that these New supposedly Hi-Tech External Hard Drives, were so incredibly god awful SLOW !!!

Really Quite Disappointed with the results for almost $100.00

NOT to highly Impressed so far !!!

I’ll give it another 2 days to sit here and copy, IF by then its NOT done, i’m taking it back, and getting my money back, and i’ll try someones other External Hard Drive, someone who’s got a reputable device .

were at 3 days now, its still NOT done copying, and give it 2 more days, that’ll be a week !!

IF theres a problem, with MY PASSPORT having difficulty copying the files, then there should be some type of WARNING, not just leave users sitting there , thinking its copying, when its NOT !

See Screen Shot !

I Feel a little more USER information Displayed on Screen, to inform the users as to exactly just what their hard drive is doing would be of Help !!!

See Screen Shot !

Also - some kind of TIME FRAME as to how long the Transfer might take

EX: 2HRS /  4HRS / 10 HRS

or even better : 15min / 20 min / 30 min / 60 min 

something to tell the user how much time it might take to complete the transfer,

the way it set up now, **bleep** !!!

POOR PROGRAMMING on their part !

a user should have some idea as to how long the process is going to take !!

For what i’m doing - it should NOT take 5 whole days to copy the folders & files from my C Drive to the MY PASSPORT Hard drive !!!

Absolutely NOT !!

I’ll be making a YOU TUBE video on this, and posting it on YOU TUBE, showing other users the problems with this external supposedly HI-Tech External Hard Drive/ MY PASSPORT

Which so far - gets an F- !!! ( Flunked) .

Hi, if you are experiencing slow transfer rates, be sure to connect the Passport to a USB 3.0 port for the best performance possible, also avoid using USB extension cables or USB hubs. To have an idea on how the backup is progressing, you can look at the “Data Backed Up” section on the right side of the Smartware window.