1tb My passport broken

Last night i accidentally dropped my external drive, when i plugged it to my pc it only shows as  “Local Disk (J:)” and i cannot access it after i tried to plug it out and in again i regained access to my drive i can view all my files so i tried to run a chkdsk as to fix the problem that occured then it asked my to unmount the device and so i did but after that i couldnt access it anymore i reverted back to it previous state. i tried running chkdsk through cmd but i wouldnt start chkdsk unless i plug it my drive and it would show that the drive is not recognized and is an invalid parameter. after further searches i stumbled upon this place and saw a suggestion to download this Windows Data Lifeguard Diagnostics after installing it i tried to run it but it wouldnt start so i check my drive again i unplugged it then the program opened, but then after i plugged it back the program is now not responding.

is there anyway to fix this? i tried emailing the wd support but i havent got any response yet. i only have this drive for about 4 months now

If you dropped the drive it’s probably physically damaged and beyond do it yourself fixes.

Joe

so what should be my course of action? the files arent that important really i can download them whenever i want to

*i should add that the light that goes on when you plug the device in still blinks