WD Photos Photo Viewer App, how to speed up?

Why is the WD Photos Photo Viewer App so very very slow. After two days: 4200 photos, only 12000 to go … What will happen when I add 2 of 400 new photos? How long will this take to see them on my iPad? Or when I delete photos? It’s really a great app, very nice, with only just one big ‘but’. How to speed up? Please!  :neutral_face:  

The app itself is not doing anything other than downloading a database from your WD Network Device, then downloading pictures as you look at them. Depending on which device you have, what it’s doing, how large the files it has to transcode are, and whether you moved files around on it after moving them to the device, the transcoding process may take more time.

Currently there is a known issue with the WD TV Live Hub that has increased the time it takes to transcode the .jpg/jpeg files. Our engineers are working to resolve the bug, which should be fixed in a future firmware update.

On a My Book World (White Light), ShareSpace or My Book Live, 12,000 photos should only take at most half a week. If Twonky is also indexing the .jpg/jpeg files it can take longer.