iTunes streaming to iPad Air2

I see by all the questions around iTunes that everyone is tired of itunes questions, but I am asking for a little patience with me. I have a newly purchased WD My Cloud 8tb and just purchased an Amazon Fire 4th gereration  HDX and there is no app available to stream my videos to my new HDX which I was able to do on my 3rd gen. I have talked & talked to AMZ and get double responses.I had to return my 3rd gen to Amz as part of a price deal. This is my question: If I replace the HDX with the new iPad Air2 would I be able to stream my videos from my WD My Cloud using current version of iTunes?

dizzy282 wrote:

This is my question: If I replace the HDX with the new iPad Air2 would I be able to stream my videos from my WD My Cloud using current version of iTunes?

No.   That is not what iTunes does – and hasn’t for years (Since like early versions of iTunes 10)

iTunes on your iPad can only stream from iTunes CLIENT software running on your PC in Home Sharing mode.

The iTunes Service running on the My Cloud NAS only allows iTunes CLIENT software on your PC to stream music from it…

Personally, I have never seen any purpose for “iTunes Server” capability.

1 Like

Thank you. I  have a lot of dvds to convert to digital files and was hoping to use itunes to organize them and then be able to strem those video to my ipaad air 2. I really appreciate your help