How do i disable S.M.A.R.T. with the mycloud drive?

the drive is going already so i’m not saving anything by having SMART enabled

once the unit gives a red light i can’t access it, so can’t enable or disable anything.

bit of a bug in the system that one, once there is a problem the drive isn’t accessable, might want to address that as a bug.

to get the data off the one old drive ASAP is the goal, then i can put the origeonal drive back in

if i could get my computer to read the drive i would, having trouble there too, … the mycloud did read it for a bit (old mycloud drive :frowning: but now it’s a constant red light with the old drive, constant blue light with the drive for the mycloud unit

Hi, there is currently no option to disable S.M.A.R.T, the S.M.A.R.T test is used to let you know ahead of time when the hard drive will fail. 

great :frowning:

so once it enters smart failure, regardless of the ability of the drive to salvage data for the days it has remaining you’ve got a glorified doorstop.

i don’t think that was thought out well in product development :frowning:

if the drive is really failimng, it will take itself offline.  That’s the drive firmware, not the MyCloud.

You wan want to extract the drive and put it in a USB encosure or a direct SATA connection to pull off anything of value.

can’t do anything about te drive can we ?, **bleep**,

thanks