WD MyCloud does not show free disk space

WD My Cloud (3TB) does not show free disk space. Please help!

This is a common problems for many users for months but WD won’t fix it

This might help some of you who have the same problem:

I powered the unit down through the web interface, unpluged device for a few secconds and plugged back.

Device booted, built DLNA index and in an hour the free disk space display worked.

SubChav wrote:

This might help some of you who have the same problem:

I powered the unit down through the web interface, unpluged device for a few secconds and plugged back.

Device booted, built DLNA index and in an hour the free disk space display worked.

Thanks, but I don’t want to turn on the DLNA indexes since I don’t need them and they create thousands of useless hidden directories that waste precious space and absolutely obliterate the performance of the NAS. Even when you disable DLNA in the dashboard, the processes continually work in the background grinding away at the hard disk.

I am absolutely amazed at the apathetic response from WD to not fix out the myriad of bugs posted in these forums with no response even after months and months. I also posted an open post to the WD CEO but WD simply deleted it to censor the forums, which I will now be blogging about incessantly. This is a beta product released to the masses and everyone in the media will know about it because WD simply WON’T address the many widely acknowledged bugs, of which simply showing the remaining capacity not working is one.