WD My Cloud and BT Home Hub 3 -

I am heartily sick of WD MyCLoud.

I’ve followed all of the instructions - which have to be searched for. THere is no obvious follow through system for setting up the device.  The Quick Installation Guide is laughable.

Initially, OK, I can plug it in, and my router finds it and I can get at it on its IP address.

Then the software will not install - ring WD 9-6, M-F. Great - it was Friday evening.

I noticed that the firmware was out of date, so updated that. Now the software runs OK. WHy not suggest that instead of a phone call?

However, whilst I can connect on the internal network, Cloud Access shows as “Failed”.

I’ve followed all of the suggestions in the forum:

Cloud Access still fails.  I have checked the firewall log on the router - no messages, so it has not tried to stop this.  Along the way, I’ve changed the time and date to what it should be in the UK, changed the timeserver to the same on e used by my homehub, so that they are in sync.  Each time I have changed remote access in the WD MyCloud IP page to Off, and backl to ON. Each time it fails.  I’ve turned the WD MyCLoud off, and left it 30 seconds, then plugged it back in.

I’ve now lost half a day to this rubbish.

Please can someone help - if not, then it goes back to the shop as unfit for purpose.

At one point just now, I briefly got Ready after switching Cloud Access of and on, but almost immediately it changed to searching / trying to establish a connection, then to Failed.

I first had a WD MyBookWorld, several years ago. Installation was a breeze.  However, after about a year it decided that my password was no longer correct.  Now that is difficult, as I use Roboform to store all of my passwords, and I used to get that to paste it in.  WD was then no help.

This time around,  I tried Seagate, but their software would not even load so no way could I do backups.

Eventually I was persuaded by PCWorld to get the WD as they have sold dozens, and it gets good write ups.
  Its going back.

Please, someone must have an idea as to how to connect this, otherwise it goes back as not fit for purpose. 

WD has been having major issues with WD2GO and the sticky post is here:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/NOTICE-WD2Go-com-and-WDMyCloud-com-users-in-relay-mode-are/td-p/706066

I have had intermittent connections all morning.

All very well, but this has been since I bought the xxxx thing.  I’ve tried on 4 days over the last week.

EDIT: Just re-read the linked post, and find that the original posting was WEDNESDAY (The posts are not dated, just numbered, so that isn’t helpful either!). It is now SUNDAY. So it has probably been down all of the time that I have been trying to get the xxxx thing connected. 

I echo the many calls for a status page no the WD site. I’ve been able to connect to wd2go.com, but it will not log in, which is I assume the same issue.

Fellwalker wrote:

All very well, but this has been since I bought the xxxx thing.  I’ve tried on 4 days over the last week.

Some are lucky to get it to work while sleeping on the cloud :stuck_out_tongue:

Others lose several days like poor Andy  who finally was told not to be able to setup any NAS :angry: :angry:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Indexing-Spotlight-Mac/td-p/705672

Well, I have stopped trying, and am packing the thing in to its box, ready for a trip tomorrow to the store from whence it came.

Fellwalker wrote:

Well, I have stopped trying, and am packing the thing in to its box, ready for a trip tomorrow to the store from whence it came.

This route definitely does not waste more time on that box.

Maybe WD will some day learn the sofware lessons, but I am far from confident :frowning: