Occasional Advisor
Chaozzak

Re: WD My Cloud - Slow transfer speed

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Chaozzak wrote:

Blinking green and stable yellow one.

That means your Cloud is only connected at 100 meg, not gig.   The light should be green.

Alright, but I really have no idea where the problem is. Is it some settings in router? or Cloud itself? Because both are capable of 1Gb/s, even my desktop.

Thank you for your help.

Honored Contributor
TonyPh12345

Try using different ports on the router, and try new cables. If that still doesn't correct it, I don't know what to suggest. Neither the cloud nor the router have settings for that.
===Live SMP / Live Hub x2 / Live+ / Live x2 / 24 TBytes of QNAP + WD NAS ===
Occasional Advisor
Chaozzak

TonyPh12345 wrote:
Try using different ports on the router, and try new cables. If that still doesn't correct it, I don't know what to suggest. Neither the cloud nor the router have settings for that.

Ok, I will give it a try. Thanks you for advices.

Occasional Advisor
Chaozzak

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Unthinkable just happened. I tried 3 new cables for Cloud (Cloud --> Router) and now its working. Transferring data from Desktop to Cloud is about 50-60 MB/s and transferring from external HDD (connected via USB 3.0 to desktop) is proximately 30mb/s.

Its really weird that from 3 different cables, 2 were "defective".

Thanks man for you help.

chris-26

Hello, sorry for my english.

Can I ask you, what type of cable you finally used?? What is the manufacturer of the cable (brand)?

I bought the cables from the Datacom, type CAT6 and this cable is not good.

Thank you...

Trusted Contributor
tnynyn

Just use any available cables you have laying around (ones that comes with routers, switches, etc).  Most usually comes with cat5e which is gigabit enabled.

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD