Thumbnails on MyCloud

I bought the MyCloud for storing and organizing photos.  When I go into the folders to look at the photos I’ve loaded I only see an icon of a camera rather than a thumbnail of the photo itself.  How do I fix this?  It’s really important to be able to see the thumbnail images. Thanks, Tiffany

I’m guessing you’re using the My Cloud app?   If so, you’re correct – thumbnails aren’t shown.

The following image is from my desktop PC (Gateway).

To see the images open up your My Cloud Pictures this way and then choose icon size small, medium, large or extra large. You may have to do the same when you open up a folder, choose the icon size.

Remember the WD My Cloud is just another computer without a monitor and keyboard. You view and work with it through another computer. It does have additional features such as being able to view what you have on it when you’re away from home etc.

WDMyCloudComputer.jpg

Posted by,

cat0w

Hi Tiffany,

What version of the application are you using? We just released a new version of the application which includes thumbnails.

If the application doesn’t automatically prompt you, you may download the new version of the application here:

http://setup.wd2go.com/?mod=download&device=mc

Restarting the WDMyCloud sometimes helps as well.

Regards,

Karen