Plse report your smart disk values

Linadmin, Although I can appreciate performance tools and reviewing monitoring values, but this post is self-deprecating as we compare mine to yours and to his, discovering that soon my newly purchased WD has only days to live if not powered down and coddled.

Personally, I replace my NAS/Servers every couple of years. In fact when I sold my WD Live for $125 (bought for $135), I had let that cheap WD Live device rattle with its indexing for over two years with little sleep until I discovered how to SSH into it and stop the indexing. I actually had a small cushion for it to sit on as the disk grinding was so noisey that I had it hidden in a closet with the closet door closed.

It was a throw-away drive. Something that I bought as a lark because it was on sale at costco, but it became useful because I didn’t have to power up my pc to access.

When I bought my MyCloud, my intentions were the same. Use it till it burns out or until better tech shows up; perhaps sooner as I love the potential speed of the ex2.

I hate doom and gloom pronostications… use it or sell it… simple…

3 Likes