Please help to choose: My Book Live 3TB vs. My Cloud 3TB

@newsamsunguser - No worries!

Power saving - someone wrote it has to be set to Static IP (no DHCP), and I see that is true.

But it works for me on DHCP as well (disk connected to router).

At first hours or days indexing of data may keep your disk busy. Then it will go to sleep.

Just configure everything, get familiar with disk, and when you will be sure what are you doing - set Static IP. That’s all.

Speed - is good or even better.

I see you have only 10/100 modem, so buy simple Gigabit (1000) switch with Full Duplex mode and energy saving (whatever from any known manufacturer). Connect modem to it, and connect My Cloud and laptop to switch as well.

In case of any problems you will find picture in your instruction or just in internet.

Of course it depends of your hardware (LAN card, router, switch, WiFi, cables, etc.) and sometimes of configuration.

I am almost sure that anyone that has problems with WD My Cloud speed has something wrong with his network or just low speed hardware.

Be sure to have Gigabit devices (e.g. switch with My Cloud and your computers connected to it) to have Gigabit LAN at your home. Your router or other device that provides internet should be connected to this switch and it will work.

If you have Gigabit router - no problem, just forget about switch.

Some routers, especially older ones, have only Fast Ethernet connections. I guess that some users forget about it (or just have no idea what it is).

Read reviews on internet - you will see that at this price probably you would not get faster disk with simple NAS features.

And another thought - happy and satisfied users probably do not use this forum so much (or at all), because they have no reasons. So it may look like My Clouds are slow, defective, etc.