No image thumbnails preview in Smartware folders

Hi all,

Im new to MyCloud and have some questions. One of them is Why I cant see any Preview of my thumbnails Images (.jpg files) in the Backup folders from Smartware. I can see the Preview in my Public folders of the same Images.

Are there any solution on this ? 

Best regards, Killroy

I have not looked at this however since the smartware share is intended as backups and not regular usage it makes sense to me that WD would skip this folder and save the space and performance of generating thumbnails here.

There is a configuration file for thumbnail generation that you could edit in Linux if you really want to. I forget the name of the file but some searches on thumbnail generation should find it

Thank you for the feedback. I agree that this is for Backup, but I should like to see the Thumbnails preview of my images, so I`ll look for the solution regarding the script. If anyone could explain what to do, I appreciate this

Regards

killroy wrote:

Thank you for the feedback. I agree that this is for Backup, but I should like to see the Thumbnails preview of my images, so I`ll look for the solution regarding the script. If anyone could explain what to do, I appreciate this

Regards

…or just back up to a different share.

Hi,

I thought that the problem was generated by Smartware ? If I can use Smartware to Bacup to Public folders, this is great !

Is this possible ?

Regards

I’m not certain – but I thought you could back up to any share you wanted to.

Hi, 

Ill try it when Im home, but I thought Smartware build up its own path like Smartware>WD Smartware.swstor>Computername>Volumexxxx>Name of all the directories that I deside to Back up.

What I should see, is what you expect:

Public>Name of all the directories that I deside to Back up.

Regards,

you should be able to choose the share. Smartware will automaticly add the portion between smartware and your directory names, I don’t believe this can be removed.

What are you actually trying to accomplish here? there may be a much better way. for example I created a small batch file that uses xcopy and runs from Windows task schedular 

See the image below showing the drop down menu for choosing a share to backup to.

After choosing the share then click on the Backup tab and if you are using category backup click on the Advanced menu and choose what you want backed up. See example image below.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

Hi,

What I’m trying to achieve, is an “automatic” Backup of my scratch disk that is 3GB WD USB disk on my PC to MyCloud (H :). When I make a change in H: amendment shall be updated to Claud HD and further to external USB disk on MyCloud (extra Backup).

Hi CatoW,

This was what I miss, thank You :smiley:

I used Smartware as default, not Public folder(s). 

Regards,