New Release - WD My Cloud Firmware Release 3.03.01 (1/7/2014)

Came home today and guess what. Disconnected!!!

sleep mode off and still running good…

i’m starting to think that is not a network problem, it is probably a total freeze of the unit when trying to turn the hdd off.

pls fix this on next update.

thanks

Mine is stable with sleep mode off as well. BUT the twonky server will not talk to my new Panasonic Viera TV. “Connection to the server failed”.

Well I guess I got lucky — I seem to have none of the problems reported by others. Although a disclaimer: I use my WD My Cloud in a rather limited fashion, namely mostly as a backup device at a local level (I do not access it remotely).

So on a positive note my daily and weekly backups using third-party backup software that was more-often-than-not loosing connection to the drive during a backup and had to be run multiple times to fully work BEFORE this current firmware installation — now works seamlessly nearly 100% of the time. NOTE, I am using a third-party backup software primarily because the WD backup software similarly had the exact same problem — but never actually reported it was having a problem (the software I use reports when the backup did not complete as expected).

On a negative note, for some reason the function of “Shut Down” from the WD Quick View icon in the system tray no longer works — when I choose that I get a warning window stating that shutting down will shutdown access to the drive (that is NOT verbatim, I’m just paraphrasing), I click OK and then nothing happens.

Now the only way to shut down the drive ‘safely’ (instead of unplugging it) is to launch the browser ‘dashboard’, login, choose settings, then utilities, then shutdown, then confirm I want to shut down … what a pain.

BTW-My system is Windows 8.1

Would be nice to get the shutdown capability back on the Quick View icon working again.

Allen

P.S.-Like others after this rollout (that happened automatically for me) I’ve decided to turnoff the automatic download/installation of firmware updates (I  didn’t know that was the default).

For those of you with remote access connectivity issues on the My Cloud after this frimware update…

Problem : No remote access connectivity to my cloud over WAN after updating to Firmware 3.03.01-156.  On Android devices the user will see a message  “unable to access device (0)."  On iPhone or iPad the user will see an “authentication revoked” message.

Workaround : Remove the device from the Mobile or Desktop App, and then add it again by creating a new DAC or by connecting over the LAN.

bernrau wrote:

my update worked fine… does anyone know how to install pyload on my wdmycloud 4tb?

kind regards!

I basically followed the instruction hereto install pyload (notice the instruction was for mybook live, but I tried with mycloud and it works).

HI, you may have noticed this already (last one from Steve511) … I’ve just implemented it … let’s see …

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/My-Cloud-disconneted-itself-from-network/td-p/607675/page/15

Cheers

Automatic update worked fine for me and at least did not mess up my personal settings.

Unfortunately none of the most annoying issues for me were fixed:

• Since I bought the drive in december, it never went to sleep mode, although I have been trying out several hints (DLNA on/off, restart device, system restore, etc.). The drive sounds like it is working at heavy load around the clock which makes me go nuts.

• Performance with my shared iPhoto Library is very poor just like before, although the update should have improved this issue.

Dear All, 

I am new to this community so hello everyone.

I have updated mycloud with the new firmware 3.03.1-156. The update process has been quite long but it has been successfully. Unfortunately there is an issue that is struggling me. The shutdown utility does not work anymore. After the shutdown process has been started, the device becomes not responding but the white discontinuous led stays on (and never turns off). Any idea on how to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Version 3.03.01 imho looks more buggy than the previous.

Why did you update?

What about going back to older version?

LinAdmin: you are right.

I will try to downgrade to the 03.01.04-139 as soon as I come back home. 

Tks for your answer.

Cheers

I do not see a place in the desktop app to install new firmware? What am I missing? 

Mac OS 10.9.1

Never mind… I installed the App on my iPad and found a place to update the firmware. Strange that the desktop app does not have the same???

I was looking for the firmware update option on the WD My Cloud web browswe link ( www.wd2go.com/login.do)) that is supposed to show you the shares but all I ever get is some sort of “Java Blocked for this website” message.

I then found the app for my iPad mini and installed that and was able to do a firmware update.  

I have also found the Mac software since that installed WDMyCloud Dashboard and 3 other icons since my original posting and found the firmware update in the Dashboard.

So there is no firmware update via the web browser interface… would be my guess?

Dear Sir
as you know, the last firmware, it would seem, “Resolved issue of drives randomly losing connection to the network”.
However, making the updating via the internal dashboard, the known and serious problem continues to be present (“My Cloud” disconnects itself from network - maybe a bug of the auto sleeping mode?).
We would appreciate your clarifier comment at soonest.
In particular we would like to know when will be released the new firmware solving definitively the problem.
We are looking forward to hearing from you .
Kind regards

I have the same problem. I have only had My Cloud for a little over a week. I tried to send my brother a short video I made just to try the, send link, out. He said he received an error and it stated he did not have access. (This is a reply to message 33 P.4)

On My Cloud, under Cloud Access, out next to each device appears to be a trash can icon. That should remove the ones you no longer want. Remember you can always click the ? icon for help on each subject. (This is a reply to message 35)

WD-Fan wrote:

Alfnet wrote:

[…] In particular we would like to know when will be released the new firmware solving definitively the problem.

Please be assured that WD during the past 4 months did it’s very best efforts to get rid of the myriads of software bugs.

A moderator from WD currently wrote that there are no firm plans about when the next firmware try will become available.

I regret to admit that most probably you will not hear from them but have to look yourself when the new version becomes available.

If you subscribe to the Announcement board, you will get an email whenever a new announcement is posted.  Since I always post an announcement for firmare updates, you will be notified by email when the next update is released for the My Cloud.

To subscibe to a board:

1. Click on the particular board (forum) you want to subscribe to (in this case the My Cloud board).
  2. Click on Options at the top left (next to New Messages). 
  3. Click on Subscribe (towards the top).
1 Like

Alfnet wrote:

Dear Sir
as you know, the last firmware, it would seem, “Resolved issue of drives randomly losing connection to the network”.
However, making the updating via the internal dashboard, the known and serious problem continues to be present (“My Cloud” disconnects itself from network - maybe a bug of the auto sleeping mode?).
We would appreciate your clarifier comment at soonest.
In particular we would like to know when will be released the new firmware solving definitively the problem.
Kind regards

I don’t have a time frame for when the next firmware will be released.  We are still working on this issue, so I can’t give you a release date. 

Everyone, we are coming out with a firmware update for the WD My Cloud within the next two weeks to fix many of these issues.  However, you may not have had the same root cause that created the issue in your circumstance.  If that turns out to be the case, please make sure that you have correctly set up your WD My Cloud on your network.  If you need help with this, there is a link below to a knowledgebase article for setting up the WD My Cloud. 

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10439

A new firmware update has been released.  Below are the fixes.  We will continue to work on other fixes and push them out as soon as we can.  Note: If you are still experiencing problems, please post them in the new firmware board.  This board is now closed.

Issues Resolved:

• Resolved issue of dropped mobile cloud access connections after updating to firmware 03.03.01-156.
  • Resolved issue of a scheduled safepoint update that does not run automatically.
  • Resolved issue of device performance degradation caused by certain MPEG-4 (MOV/MP4) video formats used to record slow motion videos.