NOTICE: WD2Go.com and WDMyCloud.com users in relay mode are reporting that connections

snoopymen wrote:

No connection in Canada :flushed:

it would seem the connection in the uk is restored which means they are making progress, hopfully you will be connected soon. (BTW i restarted the device and it said retrieving information for approx 9-10minute’s then it was connected)

Just like Jumpman I also do not like the following; when I choose to manualy disconnect the MyCloud with the Cloud Access option in the dashboard, yes I like to do so sometimes to make sure it is my MyCloud.

Then after a period of time, I do not know how long yet, the MyCoud is connected again without me enabeling the connection. How is that possibale? any idea? 

Just tried from my phone. No luck. In Canada.

Tried from my PC. It worked. go figure. Must depend where the cell network connects to the internet. Also the cell phone can connect via wifi.

Quick course is something else and with much glory WD has not covered itself, more than a week is already fierce.
Super, the cloud does so (once) again on the Internet - but the condition we had ever!
Let’s see how long it holds up this time.

Wagebot wrote:

Just like Jumpman I also do not like the following; when I choose to manualy disconnect the MyCloud with the Cloud Access option in the dashboard, yes I like to do so sometimes to make sure it is my MyCloud.

Then after a period of time, I do not know how long yet, the MyCoud is connected again without me enabeling the connection. How is that possibale? any idea? 

Same happened to me (check my earlier post) : I then disabled auto-updates, closed the ports on the router and now it’s been staying disconnected, just as I chose too!

I have a VPN remote access now, not directly to the NAS, which seems messy and time consuming, but through a PC on the LAN. What a relief!

Yay!  Remote access working after a Reboot!  Tested with my BlackBerry Z10.

I’m in the GTA, btw.

We have made significant progress restoring connections to our My Cloud and My Book Live servers. We are in the process of validating connections for our entire user base. We recommend that if you are still experiencing connectivity issues to restart your My Book Live or My Cloud device. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Hi all I received the following email - and my Cloud is now working and so is wd2go

(But shh, dont tell anyone or they’ll all want it!)

Dear WD Customer, We have made significant progress restoring connections to our My Cloud and My Book Live servers. We are in the process of validating connections for our entire user base. We recommend that if you are still experiencing connectivity issues to restart your My Book Live or My Cloud device. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. Sincerely, Western Digital

… and calm descends on the forum again … pipe and slippers at the ready bill :smiley: 

… the reason I bought my WD Cloud box was to dump all of my dvd and blueray (converted) to files for my cousin Sarah.

She has just had surgery to remove a section of bowel due to cancer and will spend the next 6 months recuperating that and suffering chemo.

Now if I keep the box here and continue to convert my disk based films over to cloud, I will need to be sure my cousin can connect to my file share from her TV over the web, I will need to research this - or I take the box up to her so she can connect to it locally on her TV and I upload to it remotely…what do you think?

Zen

I am reading more and more posts that remote access is working now in certain countries.

How about Germany? Can some german people forward some feedback if their remote access is working now?

I am trying to connect and my mobile apps are still telling me “remote access disabled”. I am not sure, if remote access in Germany is still not working or if my router is just not setup properly. Looking forward to some feedback of german users.

In the UK and the only way I could get onto the WD2go site was to tell it I can’t remember my password, then after restting, I could get in, but no access to either drive that came up on the access, just sat there after clicking on them with nothing happening. It did not work again next time I tried to log in directly, just sits there with the log in info input and nothing happens.

Couldn’t access either my drive this way or my Brother MyBook device, I have rebooted mine, but as again i can’t log in again so don’t know if it will work or not.

As far as I am concerned this has not been fixed yet.

I received an email from WD stating that service had been restored. It also mentioned that you should reboot your MyCloud. I tried before rebooting and it didn’t work. After rebooting remote access worked. Tested from my Android phone.

I got home last night and my remote access had been restored (UK). I also had it this morning at work. 

… and now it’s gone again. Think I may take that offer of a refund up. Too unreliable, so no use to me.

Back in the US (Maryland), DaveCloudLife lives on for another day…

Now that we are back in business, can I make a few requests??

1. Update phone apps to be able to search by name or scroll by letter

2. Iphone/Ipad app update to stream video by choosing application to run (preferably VLC)

3. Chromecast compatible for remote users

Are you serious?!?!?!?

This **bleep** notice comes out after I am 90% of the way through a factory reset!  **bleep**!?!  Not to mention I have an advanced replacement drive received through the RMA process that I was expected to put into service later today.

Extremely poor customer service here.  I’m ready to send the drive to the trash can at this point!

Anybody from WD

Based on what I have seen  in this forum today. I am quite concerned about the safety of my data. As with everyone in this forum, I was under the impression MyCloud was litteraly, My Cloud. Having found that my content is being synced to WD servers (or maybe even a single server) I have submitted a support ticket asking how I can get my data removed from their systems. I will be disabling the Cloud Access on my drive which makes this a really expensive NAS but, rather that than somebody having access to my data and clearly the likelihood of no access for whatever reason.

I have also asked where this was specified in the T’s and C’s of this drive. Hopefully WD can point this out to me. If not,  there would be some more interresting places to post this information.

2 Likes

MJHMSI wrote:

Are you serious?!?!?!?

This **bleep** notice comes out after I am 90% of the way through a factory reset!  **bleep**!?!  Not to mention I have an advanced replacement drive received through the RMA process that I was expected to put into service later today.

Extremely poor customer service here.  I’m ready to send the drive to the trash can at this point!

You are angry that it is fixed??

MJHMSI wrote:

Are you serious?!?!?!?

you could send it to me. :wink:

EugeM wrote:

Having found that my content is being synced to WD servers (or maybe even a single server) I have submitted a support ticket asking how I can get my data removed from their systems

Why do people say this things?  I see no possible way they do this.  Why do you think that?    If this was happening, there would be MANY MANY reports in this forum of people with Metered Internet Service having *HUGE* expensive charges!

I have 4TB on my Cloud – My internet usage is very small.   If they were syncing 4TB across internet, my access bill would be $1,300 in one month!  :laughing:

EugeM wrote:I will be disabling the Cloud Access on my drive which makes this a really expensive NAS

You think it is expensive?  The NAS feature is only $30-$50 if you subtract price of internal disk.  This NAS is very low cost.

If you think this NAS is expensive, you should see other brands!  Compare QNAP- NAS is $150 diskless.   Compare Synology, NAS is $150 to $300 diskless.

3 Likes

Ok… finally, my My Cloud device is shown as online on wd2go.com.

But as I click on my My Cloud drive after I passed the login-screen my browser keeps on loading but nothing happens.

Are the WD servers facing speed or connection problems? Becaus I still can’t get on my My Cloud device and this really is a pity. At least I can see a small improvement, that my device is online now, but it still is useless, we my browser doesn’t stop loading, once I click on my My Cloud and nothing happens :frowning: .