NOTICE: Service Issues Update for My Cloud and My Book Live

I still can’t access through WD2go.

Initially I had to reset my password to access the screen where the 2 drives I connect to are given, one here, the other at my brothers house. However neither drive will respond. As recommended I rebooted mine, but when trying to log on again the login screen just hangs and nothing happens with the correct data input.

jharker wrote:

Rebooted this morning.  Can access through the MyCloud app, but FTP is still not responding. UK.

I think this means it is fixed?   FTP does not use Remote Access servers, so it is not related.

1 Like

I had been struggling with the issues reported in this thread, up until yesterday when I was able to access the myCloud device remotely, but today I can’t connect again…

I have tried rebooting the myCloud today and I am able to generate activation codes, everything looks good in the settings screen, but as of today, I can’t connect using my Android phone.  I can choose connect manually in the app, enter the activation code and move through to the screen where I can click on the myCloud device, but then I receive the error “Unable to access device. (0)”

Community Manager Bill_S Community Manager  WD Can you please give us an update ??? still cannot connect to mycloud remotely, living in Ireland.

rayzor wrote:

Community Manager Bill_S Community Manager  WD Can you please give us an update ??? still cannot connect to mycloud remotely, living in Ireland.

Did you restart your device, yet?

Hi all, I have my business linked to Mycloud still no connection, downloaded new firmware, reset, reboot deleted apps reinstalled apps ,STILL NO BLOODY JOY Money back please WD, this is poor, what reasurance do we have that all our files are safe?? please send everyone a detailed teched tested email on how to resolve issues of desktop and remote access.

hurry up!!!

2 Likes

Yep rebooted once and half hour later I shutdown the system  for approx 5 mins and then restarted … still no luck… help please

Buzznitro, where are you living ?? I’m living in Ireland and still no joy…

Have you tried just to RESET the system ? I know you have to configure it again, but it brought my cloud on line again

Jorn_Johanesson wrote:

Have you tried just to RESET the system ? I know you have to configure it again, but it brought my cloud on line again

There’s an option to save and import your configuration file.

My device switched back to Port Forwarding on it’s own.  Why does my EX4 switch it’s connection type without me being the one initiating it?   :confounded:

I didn’t buy my own personal cloud to allow anyone else to have access to my confidential data.  Allowing the unit to autoswitch to relay mode on it’s own in the first place is not cool and doesn’t make me feel like my data is secure.   :neutral_face:

password the wd2go as far as I know it is the port to the world.

yes i know, but it will also save and import faultry setups

Thank you! I was just assuming it was connected. I can now access from both app and FTP!

ThreeEyedMinion wrote:

jharker wrote:

Rebooted this morning.  Can access through the MyCloud app, but FTP is still not responding. UK.

I think this means it is fixed?   FTP does not use Remote Access servers, so it is not related.

Thank you! I was just assuming it was connected. I can now access through both app and FTP!

From yestarday evening, everything is Ok. My N900 Central is ok with local and remoto access, this after restart my device.

Jumpman wrote:

My device switched back to Port Forwarding on it’s own.  Why does my EX4 switch it’s connection type without me being the one initiating it?   :confounded:

I think this is change you want to be automatic.  If it does not change when it needs to, your remote access will fail.

It is testing direct connection through port forwarding.   If it works, it changes modes.

If it does not work, it must use Relay mode which requires VPN connection to WD Relay servers.

It is good to not need Relay.

rayzor wrote:

Buzznitro, where are you living ?? I’m living in Ireland and still no joy…

Did you restart the device?

So what is the mechanism that requires you to reboot the device for it to register itself with WD again?

Being a linux-based systerm one shouldn’t need to reboot a device unless there is a kernel change. Is there a service that can be restarted or perhaps toggling the ethernet interface up/down be used to re-register the device with WD?

When I am not at home I can’t reset the device. But since I can access my home network remotely and I can SSH into the device, I’d rather just restart a service that will force it to re-register rather than reboot it.

No …just fortunate…you got one of the good drives.

Some of us can’t get above 5MB off-line.