MyCloud 4TB and Twonky, not showing Thumbnails on LG Smart TV - please help!

Hi there, was hoping someone could help.

Recently setup my MyCloud 4TB and Twonky, all files are indexing fine, however, it is not showing Thumbnails on my LG Smart TVs.

I know all the embedded metedata is there in the m4v and mp4 files, as I was previously running a My Book Live with Twonky (5.x) and they displayed fine.

Any help appreciated - very frustrating - spent hours tagging my files with Cover Art and now looking at a screen full of generic video icons :cry:

Regards, Rob C

PS - another slight frustration, but one I could probably live with is that when I navigate through the Twonky Server via ‘Folder’ on any media player, Windows, Smart TV - I have to choose Videos ==> By Folder => Public => Shared Videos => tnen my movies folder.

On Twonky 5.x choosing Videos => By Folder => went straight into my movies folder (without navigating 2 unecessary folder levels!)

Hi Guys, well after a lot of poking around, I answered half my own question as follows…

Goto Twonky Config Screens - select Sharing in Settings menu, then Media Receivers.

Both my LG Smart Tvs were being listed as Media Receiver Type “LG DLNA DMR” (presumably auto detected by Twonky, from something the TV Device is reporting), as soon as I swapped them to “LG DLNA Player”.

It’s a miracle the Thumbnails now appear!!!

Still have my folder navigation issues and would appreciate a viewpoint on that:-

When I navigate through the Twonky Server via ‘Folder’ on any media player, Windows, Smart TV - I have to choose Videos ==> By Folder => Public => Shared Videos => tnen my movies folder.

On Twonky 5.x choosing Videos => By Folder => went straight into my movies folder (without navigating 2 unecessary folder levels!)

Help appreciated. :wink:

Hi,

not sure if you solve the folder problem.

This helped me:

goto your twonky server

http://device name:9000

under:

sharing->media receivers

change Navigation Type to “By Folders”

hit “save changes”

Navigation should be “easier” now :wink:

Greets

BSG75 wrote:

Hi,

not sure if you solve the folder problem.

This helped me:

goto your twonky server

http://device name:9000

under:

sharing->media receivers

change Navigation Type to “By Folders”

hit “save changes”

Navigation should be “easier” now :wink:

Greets

My experience: Whatever you change in the twonky webpage will be overwritten when booting next time???