MyCloud 2TB

Dear all,

I’m about to buy a MyCloud 2TB (WDBCTL0020HWT-EESN).

However, before I buy, I like to know something.

I want myself to have access to everything inside MyCloud. However, I want to create a “shared folder” with a friend, and I want my friend only can see and edit this folder. Is that possible to create a user who can only see the folders I give permission to him?

Best regards

mrasquinho wrote:

I want myself to have access to everything inside MyCloud. However, I want to create a “shared folder” with a friend, and I want my friend only can see and edit this folder. Is that possible to create a user who can only see the folders I give permission to him?

Short answer. Yes you can create a private share that only your friend can access.

I would suggest you read through the WD My Cloud User Manual in order to understand how to create Private Share’s and how to access the WD My Cloud remotely.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

And will my friend see my other folders on MyCloud? Or will he only see the folder I gave permissions to him?

Because what I want is to have, for example, 10 folders only for me, and he can only see 1 folder I shared with him

Generally when one is connected remotely one only see those folders they have permission to access or those folders that are set to “Public Access”. Even if the other private folders are listed they will be unable to access them without the proper password.

Make sure to turn off “Media Serving” on the private folder(s), otherwise any DLNA client that can access the WD My Cloud will be able to view/play any media (video, music, pictures) stored in that private share folder.