My cloud user question

Hello so I have a question I have a wd my cloud and I have set up a user for my dad and my brother along side mine if I am not in the same city can they still access it or? just wondering if its possible or not thanks in advanced

It depends what permissions you gave them to what shares. each share you create will have permissions which decide whether other users you created can see them or not. Look at the  manual page around page 60.

Hello thanks for the reply thats not what I mean if they are connecting using a mobile phone to my mycloud even if I am not on the same internet network could they connect? they do have an account with wdmycloud.com but I mean from the WD mycloud android APP

as long as you have an Internet connection and have enabled remote access for the mycloud and for the users then yes. 

Okay thanks for the reply so all they would need is the manual code to setup cloud on phone? or? with wd mycloud app

sorry if bumping is wrong but anyone have an answer? :slight_smile:

Hi,

Page 60 of the mnaual will answer your questions how to setup your users, also as mentioned, you need to enable remote access in the dashboard (meaning you can access your device from anywhere outside your home, 3G, 4G, wifi etc) . You may also need to forward ports 80 and 443 in yor router. All the users, you have created and setup will be able to access your device according to the permissions you gave them.

if all the above are setup correctly, it does not matter where you are in the world, and as long have you have an internet connection of some sort, you can access the device.

HTH