My Cloud - Port Problems

onemachado wrote:

Hi there,

I purchased the My Cloud 2TB to use remotely on my MacBook Air and Apple devices. Unfortunately my internet service provider (Telus) blocks the ports My Cloud uses (443 & 80). My router is a Actiontec and I am now at a loss after trying to figure this out (calling WD, internet provider, & router manufacturer - and spending hours reading online).

I’ve read about making the My Cloud “static” but not sure exactly what I should do and if that will work for me. I’m no computer genius by any means, but I would love to find a way to use the drive for what it’s intended for.

If you can offer any help to this confused new WD customer, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your support!

If you canot port forward it will use relay via WD server.  Static IP address means giving the drive a permanent IP address. You will have to check your router manual. Also, read the mnaual which explains the setting needed in Dashboard.

Example router settings (you will have to check your router documenttion)

in Dashboard goto settings/networks:

choose static

netwrok.png

then click on details and fill in the details, ex:

the DNS1 and DNS2 servers you get from your router (it is from your ISP), so the router should have the details.

most routers use 192.168.1.1 but few want to be weird and use 192,.168.0.1… again check your documentation.

wdmycloud docs are here :

http://support.wd.com/product/install.asp?groupid=904&lang=en

Hope this helps.

2 Likes