MY Cloud compatibility with Sony Bravia Smart TVs

I have a sony Bravia Smart TV which apparently is running on a Linux operating system and not on a android operating system, and therefore there is not My Cloud app available. So If I get a My cloud NAS , how would be the connectivity to my TV Bravia since I have no My Cloud app ? should I open browser every time, and then access to my Files or it would be possible to connect to the My Cloud as a DLNA server and access the data ? How is the steaming speed of HD video using DLNA server for instance ? is it really steam with no lags ? You see, for me its really important to have access on the server through my TV !
I appreciate you answers in advance

Milosh

milosh,

Access methods to the WD My Cloud within your network depend on intended clients, or in this case, your television. Speed, performance, direct share access and/or DLNA support will be determined by your television and your network layout, including wiring, interference, and bottlenecks.

Reply to: milosh

I have a Sony Network Player SMP-N200 connected  to my network and Mitsubishi TV and all my network devices, if turned on, show up on it. My desktop computer, laptop, My Cloud, and Sony Play Memories are all there. They are all set up to stream content.

Mine works over my wi-fi and as far as playing movies and tv shows and streaming my content it works fine. I have Netflix and sometimes when watching a show I will get a bad connection. I just stop the show and start it over and that usually solves the slow connection. So far what is local, on my home network, streams without any problems.

If you use a wi-fi router make sure you buy a good one, 802.11n or ac. Mine is a Linksys E2000 on the 2.4 GHz channel.

Posted by,

cat0w