File transfer over Internet stuck at 0% but complete eventually

suenwaichit wrote:

I am confused if Windows really took 3 minutes 45 seconds to calculate file size and 55 seconds to actually transfer the file. The overhead is way too much. :confounded:

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Windows implementation of WebDav. I’m only running WinXP (32bit) and I currently only have a MyBookLive (hoping to get a MyCloud when the dust settles on the USB issue), so my experience may not be directly applicable to your situation. However what I suspect was happening was that the 3 minutes and 45 seconds was the actual transfer from the remote location to a temporary location on the Windows boot partition. Try another transfer and observe network activity; you will likely see network activity (the actual file transfer) from the remote locationto your PC. Once the file is all in your PC, Windows will assess its parameters and then will transfer it from that temporary location on your boot partition to where ever you specified that the file should be saved to. That last local transfer would be your 55 second transfer. I have no idea why Microsoft implemented WebDav in this peculiar way. It all seems a rather odd and at times frustrating implementation.

1 Like