Don't feed the Troll! Be forewarned!

headache wrote:
I’m sorry, but I find this post absolutely hilarious. “It will be usually a topic that seems controversial, like no remote access.” We just finished up a weekend in which the wd servers were all down and tons of people didn’t have remote access. In addition, please remember this is marketed as a cloud device, so yes, no remote access would be “controversial.” There are so many issues with this product. Labeling everyone with an issue as a troll will make this a community of trolls.

Headache:   No doubt.   This really isn’t about the folks with very specific issues, and certainly isn’t directed (as far as I can tell) to folks that obviously did have problems during the long outage.

Suffice it to say:  If you’re still online here, you’re not the troll or behaving anywhere close to how the troll behaves.   :laughing:

I think Ralphael is likely calling out the Once- or Twice-Nightly person who logs in as a new name, posts 20-30 posts in rapid succession all saying pretty much the same thing, and is banned / deleted within the half hour.

Folks like this:

http://community.wd.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user?advanced=true&one_or_more=LinAdmin+Dooku&search_page_size=48&sort_by=-reg_date

…and the meriad attempts to confuse others by registering with VERY SIMILAR names to established users, like:

dog0w mimicking cat0w

OneEyedMinion & TwoEyedMinion mimicking ThreeEyedMinion

and even names that mimic the moderators.

So in other words, if it isn’t you, then it’s not you.  ;)

DISCLAIMER ON:  To avoid violating WD’s “Not a Legal Venue” term of service, I must say that I am not an attorney and do not practice law.   WD’s ToS state that we cannot discuss "… litigation (past, present or future) … "  Since no litigation is proposed, pending or current that I’m aware of, I only speak of this conversationally.   Conversationally speaking, the habitual troll once professed a familial relationship to an attorney with whom this could be discussed.

Deliberately bypassing a “ban” is a form of civil trespass;  Once you are told to leave an establishment (tangible or otherwise), it is a " Trespass to Chattels" to come back anyway.   That is a violation of law.

DISCLAIMER OFF.

2 Likes