Dashboard is faulty

Hi All

Having recently purchsed the 4TB for Mac and having downloded and instaled the software, I have to reinstall the software EVRY time i turn my computer off and back on again. i.e. next day

This is driving me nuts and am in two minds weather to return it to the store as faulty or not.

Donā€™t want to return it as it is just what i need and it works GREAT apart from that.

Anybody elsa having the same problem, or can help with this I will be MOST greatful

Thank

Bilbo

BilboBiggin wrote:

Hi All

Having recently purchsed the 4TB for Mac and having downloded and instaled the software, I have to reinstall the software EVRY time i turn my computer off and back on again. i.e. next day

This is driving me nuts and am in two minds weather to return it to the store as faulty or not.

Donā€™t want to return it as it is just what i need and it works GREAT apart from that.

Anybody elsa having the same problem, or can help with this I will be MOST greatful

Thank

Bilbo

Itā€™s likely that the IP address of your drive is changing, try going to settings and changing it to a static IP. Will be on the dashboard IIRC has an option to switch between DHCP and static address.

Iā€™m not sure what the Mac command is for checking network settings if you donā€™t know them off hand, if you have a windows machine you can type ipconfig /all in command line and copy settings for gateway, netmask etc. across from there.

Thanks for that Nihilus, your are correct.

Only thing is it now wants a netmask.

The user manual tells me to see Knowledge Base Answer ID 5872.

Problem with that is it is not ā€œNot foundā€. . Now there is a supprise :angry:

If you could help with the netmask that would be great, as the stuff on the internet is a tad confussing !!

Thanks

Bilbo

Has a bit more of a look round the interweb and have found the answer to the netmask.

It all now works

Thanks for your help

Bilbo

Now HAPPY

:smileyvery-happy::smiley: