Can't see all AVI's in MyCloud on my DVD player or Xbox

I’ve copied AVI video files from my PC to my MyCloud device and can see the files there if I browse to the device on an Internet browser or through my mobile phone.  However, I cannot see all the files using my Xbox or Samsung DVD player. Some are there, some aren’t.  I suspect it’s something to do with the My Cloud DLNA feature not supporting the latest version of DIVX?  Is there a way to upgrade this on the device?  Any other suggestions?

Have you waited long enough for the files to be fully indexed?

Can you actually see them via the Twonky browser – or just when you’re browsing the Shares via a file browser.

Though I’m not certain, I don’t think the media server actually cares what kind of file it is.  As long as it’s an AVI file (DivX or otherwise) it should be showing once it’s indexed.

Hi Tony,

I can seen them in the Workgroup computer folder on the PC.  I can see them if I browse to them via a mobile device in their respective folders.  I can see them via the really bad browser thingy using the link they provide.  I just cannot see most of them in the DVD menu nor on the Xbox menu.  Yep, waited for them to be fully indexed and even forced a scan.

Kokekan wrote:

Hi Tony,

I can seen them in the Workgroup computer folder on the PC.  I can see them if I browse to them via a mobile device in their respective folders.  I can see them via the really bad browser thingy using the link they provide.  I just cannot see most of them in the DVD menu nor on the Xbox menu.  Yep, waited for them to be fully indexed and even forced a scan.

…but can you see them via the Twonky browser.

Sorry, what’s a Twonky browser?

I think I might know what’s wrong - I didn’t copy them to the Shared Video folder, I only put them on the root of the drive - do you think that would be it?