Can't access Dashboard via IP Address

I get a message saying that remote access is not turned on however i cant access the dashboard to turn it on.

any tips please??

many thanks

You mean you can’t access the dashboard on your local home network?

So that you know, this NAS is designed so that you can NOT access the dashboard remotely.

correct, when trying to access it from my home network.

where are you seeing the message about remote access not being on?

how do you know what the IP address is?

is it static? On your subnet? outside of the routers DHCP pool? gateway & DNS settings?

can you ping the IP address? can you ping mycloud? what IP address does it show/

did you enable SSH? if so can you still connect to it?

can you see the shares?

instead of IP try http://mycloud/UI

Right click on the desktop icon and make sure the IP address listed is the correct one. If not then change the address to suit.

HTH

Ian

Great piece of work Iain.

Thanks

the only problem now is that it does not recognise my username and password?

any ideas

Only the admin has access to the admin UI, not other UI.

If you know your admin credentials, they have to work. If you are not sure, maybe:

• the admin name is the first name of the first user you set up when you set up the cloud,

• the admin name is “admin” if you directly went to the NAS UI while setting up, and/or you have reset your system recently,

• the admin passoword might be blank.

If you have forgottern you admin credentials, simply do a power off reset (the 40s thing). This will all the content intact, but it will delete your user list, and put all the shares to public shares.

Crikey! Really??? That really shouldn’t have an effect of course. Can you still access your “Public” Folder?