[APP] MiniDLNA original/patched for firmware V4+ (08/2017)

Okey fixed !

Just use of remote controler was incorect :

Usually, I puch on fast foward arrow >> or fast rewind arrow << and It work, but TV answer something  like “wrong input”

I found when I hold left < or right > arrow (to navigate in menu), it works !!!

1 Like

Great you’ve fixed it and thanks for sharing. It might help others.

Yep, for my samsung 46C8700

This tip work with twonky, but remember last position is unable with twonky.

srt subtitles are still inop, but its due to samsung firmware. I hav’nt got them even an hard drive is connected in USB.

Thanks again for your work, miniDLNA work fine,

I also tested your pyload guide : this soft it’s really fantastic !

first of all thanks for your work by creating these scripts, I worked the Transmission smoothly, but I have not been able to minidlna, I get the following message:

Downloading -> minidlna_1.1.4.patched-1 (6,894,245Bytes)…
Error-8: Unable to retrieve required files! Server issued an error response:

kaosrq wrote:

first of all thanks for your work by creating these scripts, I worked the Transmission smoothly, but I have not been able to minidlna, I get the following message:

Downloading -> minidlna_1.1.4.patched-1 (6,894,245Bytes)…
Error-8: Unable to retrieve required files! Server issued an error response:

Try again later. It could be lag. I have lots of others trying to download from my nas.

thanks, it works again

Hi Nazar,
Could you please advise me how to uninstall miniDLNA, if at all I need to.
Thanks.

@TDS_D 

dpkg -r minidlna

Thanks Nazar.

@TDS_D

No problem.

Great job.  Just downloaded and installed the 1.1.4.patched-1 file.  It installed with no problem.

Thanks

RAC

This Question is for Nazar78.  I know that this question is no  related to the MY Cloud.  But I have compiled minidlna 1.0.25 with no problems.  I can also compile minidlna-1.1.4 for a x86 machine.  I’m trying to compile minidlan-1.1.4

for an arm machine.  When I run the configure it fails at the jpeg_set_default.  It seems that the error is

ERROR: /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.so uses software FP, whereas conftest uses hardware FP.

I noticed in the makefile for minidlna-1.0.25 uses -msoft-float.  Not sure how to get configure to use -msoft-float.

If you can help me I would appreciate it.

RAC

@rac8006

Try:

./configure [...] --with-float=soft

Thanks for the response.  It didn’t fix the error.  So I modified configure to do the -msoft-float.  Ather that still got errors

one was problems wiht NLS.  So I disabled the NLS.  Then got a problem with CFLocale.h missing.  So I commented out the exit 1.  This allowed it to at least finish the configure.  After that I had a couple pf error doing the make.  But was

able to finally get it to build.  All I need to do is test the build when I get the chance.  Currently the device is in use.

Again thanks for the help

RAC

Thanks again.  after a little trouble with inotify.  I now have minidlna-1.1.4 working on both the WD My Cloud and my DNS-323 NAS.

hi.

i installed transmission for my cloud, it is very perfect :slight_smile:

what is the difference between twonky and minidlna ?

can you send photo about it ? i search google but icannot find about it

Both are DLNA servers. MiniDLNA is a lightweight version. 

Try https://www.google.com/search?q=minidlna+youtube

@Nazar

great work my Man

I have started hosting a reprosatory for v4+ patched software if you wish to contribute please let me know

it is on http://diaa.ni-ip.com:8080

it would be great to have your binaries there for all the people

cheers

I’m tryig to setup a debian system to do builds for the My Cloud.  I have set it up to the point that I was able to build htop.

When I install the minidlna-1.1.4 source I can build it for the x86 cpu on the debian system.  But when I do a chroot to the build environment.  I then install the source for minidlna-1.1.4.   I also think I eas able to get the correct librarys.  But I don’t know for sure if they are correct.  When I run the configure code it gets an error on the libavutil/avutil.h.  I’ve seen where the

.deb files for the libraries have been installed but have not seen where they were obtained.  How to I get the correct files to cross compile minidlna-1.1.4.

Thanks for your help

RAC

@rac8006

Your chroot build environment needs to have libav installed.

Below are the list I built for minidlna which you can get from the debian repo:

libavutil51
libavcodec53
libgsm1
libschroedinger
liborc
libmp3lame0
libva1
libx264
libtheora0
libxvidcore4
libvorbisenc2