wd2go remote web access...latest java update breaks things

I used to be able to see my shares, but could not connect to explorer “Network name is not found”…

No I just get this: “error click for details”

Java permsission issue by the look of it.

I wish they would dump the use of java!

Hello,

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Java.  Also try it with another browser.

I have:

Windows 8.1

Java 7 update 45

Solution:

Control Panel >> Java >> Security >> medium

Java still displays that the wd2go.com certificate is outdated.

But it works now.

Tested with Internet Explorer and with FireFox.

1 Like

Update 51 is a no go.

This worked for me also - I hate to lower the security level to medium - any other thoughts???

I tried to  enter the websir=te into the Java exception table but got another error that this didn’t work because it was using multiple websites.

Even on medium security with various tweaks to parameters I can no longer access my brothers Mybook,  over the internet. java just says certificate is out of date and will not be acceted until WD get a new one, latest Java installed today, but would not work even on earlier version.

Note that medium security is at the bottom of the slider - not the middle.

I had a similar problem on my Vista laptop

I called WD MyCloud Support at 1 800 275 4932.

The rep said there is a known incompatibility with the Java 7 Update 51.   He advised that I uninstall 7.51, and download and install Java 7 update 45.  I did this and also updated Vista to the latest service pack.

Now WD My Cloud.exe can open my shared folders, but it is really slow to open my music files (.wav).  A 37 Mb file  takes 2’30" to open.

I an connect through the web app, after bypassing a couple of security warning dialogues from Java.  Again the download time is very slow.

NOTE: on my iPad MyCloud app, the download is almost instantanious.

This is becoming incredibly frustrating.  I get the same java errors and cannot access my drive outside of my home network.  Based on other posts in this community, this has been a known issue for well over six months.  Why is it taking so long to provide a fix?  I’m quickly losing faith that WD has any intention of correcting the problem.

In order to get the remote web access back under Java 7 update 51 you will need to add your WD-device domain to the exception list of Java. Following steps are required:

1. get your WD-device domain from your URL. It may look like https://MyBookLive-device123456.wd2go.com
  2. start Configure Java on your desktop (e.g. for Windows 8.x type ‘Configure Java’ on the start screen)
  3. in the Java Control Panel select the Security tab
  4. in the Exception Site List add   https://MyBookLive-device123456.wd2go.com and   http://MyBookLive-device123456.wd2go.com (replace MyBookLive-device123456 with your own domain name)

Once you’ve added your WD-device to the exception list you should be able to remotely reconnect to your drives again. However, it seems that the Java plug-in is incompatible with IE11. If you are using IE make sure you are running it in emulation mode 10 or less.