Not a Log off option on My Cloud mobile app

Hello, I’ve read some posts regarding this issue but no resolution.

I have the My Cloud app on my android mobile phone and browsing through my files beautifully but no way to logoff the application properly.  If I close the app and relaunch it no longer asks for my password.  Occasionally it prompts for the 4 digit code password but never for the user password.

I love the app but this a big security concern for me in case the phone gets lost or stolen.

I’m hoping someone has some suggestions or if there’s something I’m missing please let me know.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Community.

What if you try an app-locker? These are recommended for all personal apps that use personal data like Facebook or Whatsapp.

Set your phone to erase if too many failed unlocks.

crowbar_ca wrote:

I love the app but this a big security concern for me in case the phone gets lost or stolen.

This sounds like more of a phone security issue than an app security issue to me.  In the case of my iPhone, I set it to require entry of the 4-digit passcode after one minute of shutting down phone,  OK, so if someone gets a hold of my phone they can try all day and night to guess the passcode if they want to, but with all the combinations and permutations of 4-digit possibilities they could try “forever” and not get the code right to get in.  So, if they can’t get into the phone, how the heck can they play the mobile app – or any app? 

So, set your phone security correctly, and then find something else to worry about than someone playing your My Cloud app.

See if this article helps:

http://mindyourdecisions.com/blog/2011/01/27/game-theory-and-probability-of-iphone-passwords/#.VP_HMTd0w5s

I’m having the same issue. There is no way to log off the WD MyCloud drive user account in this app, that I can see. It has nothing to do with phone security, it’s in the app itself for the drive. You can log onto a drive’s account/user in the app, why can’t you log off? I originally logged into my account on my husband’s ipad, but then made him an account and now I can’t log off mine and onto his.

Any ideas?

Vasperilla wrote:

I’m having the same issue. There is no way to log off the WD MyCloud drive user account in this app, that I can see. It has nothing to do with phone security, it’s in the app itself for the drive. You can log onto a drive’s account/user in the app, why can’t you log off? I originally logged into my account on my husband’s ipad, but then made him an account and now I can’t log off mine and onto his.

Any ideas?

“De-authorize” the device in the My Cloud.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I shut down apps that I am no longer using by holding down the Home Key for a few seconds and then choosing the app I want to close. See images below.

From what you have written I take it you have a Passcode. Have you tried shutting down your device and restarting it to see what happens. If that makes it ask for the Passcode or Password again then I suggest doing that at least once a week.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)