Iphone and ipad will not play mp3 files

In the past I could play all my .mp3 files on my iphone and ipad but now I get error message “Unable to play this media file” when I select some .mp3 files stored in my WDmyCloud. It is the same message for both devices and the same file will not play on either device.

I don’t appear to be having a problem with other file formats eg ,m4a

Interestingly, I copied  a couple of .mp3 file that would not play into Dropbox on my PC. I then looked for it in my synced Dropbox folder in WDmy Cloud and found the files and hey presto they play OK

I can also access my WDmyCloud via my smart TV since it is on the same home networkand and the “problem” .mp3 files will play OK

With my limited technical knowledge, its not clear that there is any difference between the files that play and those that don’t.

Grateful for any advice on what I might be able to do to fix it so all my files will play

Many thanks

That’s the most random bug I’ve had with the app, and had to delete the app and recreate the permissions and fix it. It was last week.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. - much appreciated!

I will try and delete the app but (and excuse my basic knowledge), can you elaborate on what you mean by “recreating the permissions and fixing it”

If I need to do anything more than just delete and then reload the app , can you spell it out for me?

Trust me - you will not be able to insult my intelligence!!!

Just keep in simple :slight_smile:

many thanks