iPhone with iOS 8+ Auto Upload with WD Photo or WD MyCloud

Is this in the works at all?

My Galaxy S3 had the ability to auto-upload photos to MyCloud but it looks like iOS devices still do not. 

Dropbox, GDrive, AmazonCloudDrive and others all offer Auto-Uploading. but iOS still does not support that feature.

I know other Cloud device manufactures offer auto-upload on their iOS apps so why isn’t WD Photo able to do this yet?

I’d like to keep using my MyCloud and sync all our family phones to it. 

Hi there, you can check on the ideas board to verify if this has been suggested. If it has not been suggested yet you can post the idea, if it has been suggested you can vote on it so it increases awareness and possibilities of implementation.

This has been asked for a few years now. Why has WD not taken care of this yet? Also why can you still not send via text within the app? Basic things.

There’s nothing new about this suggestion. It must be an Apple thing. I’ve been using the auto photo upload for a couple years now via my Samsung Galaxy 4 and now Edge. Also have done this with my son’s LG.  Probably one of the WD’s best features. Sorts into folders by month and retains all data. My wife has an iphone and we have to do everything manually then sort into folders. We also have an Apple Airport with 2TB of storage, this will auto upload from iphones. The joke is you need to also by a mac in order to make that work. I read that WD photo app used to allow auto upload from iphones, but the feature was removed a few updates ago due to Apple WD dispute. (can’t verify that, but it sounds like if you have an iphone, Apple really wants you to only use either their cloud or spend $1400 + for an airport and a mac, to do what droid users can do with just the WD. )

It would be great if WD could bring full functionallity to the iphone app also. I only checked this forum for this very reason, thought in 2 years maybe some progress was made.

What would REALLY be nice is if WD would actually RESPOND one way or another. As it is, the moderator will just close the thread…

My Samsung GS4 has stopped auto-uploading and when I attempt to manually upload pictures, the app crashes as soon as I select the “Camera” folder from within the app.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled, no help.