iPhone runs out of memory on WD app upload - error code "0"

I’m trying to upload my 3000+ pictures from the camera roll on my iPhone to my WD wireless through the WD app. I’ve set the cache size in the app to 1 GB and I’ve made sure I have more than 1 GB free memory on my iPhone. Nonetheless when trying to upload, after a few minutes I get a message that I’m almost out of memory and then after another minute or so I get a error message from the WD app.

It seems very strange that I can’t upload my pictures because the app itself takes up too much space. I bought the WD My Passport for this very purpose.

Any suggestions on what I should do to solve this?

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to the WD Community.

Have you tried moving less time at once? That will allow you to identify if is an error on the app or the cache on the phone.

@dmak1
The files should be cached before being transferred. 3000+ pictures is going to be much larger than the 1GB cache size you have set. Try doing smaller blocks of pictures at a time (videos in even smaller blocks) or go to the app settings and turn ‘ON’ the Auto BackUp feature to allow the device and app to manage this process for you.
ps - I assume similarities in the devices/app, I’ve been working with a WD MyCloud (not the My Passport mentioned in original post)