iPhone and iPad both require repeated re-activation with wd2go Pro

I’ve got a 2TB MyBook Live, and use wd2go pro to access mp3 music files. When I set it up a couple of months ago everything worked fine. But now both my phone and pad sometimes take me to the activation code page when I try to access the drive. I’ve used the dashboard to delete the devices and generate new codes for them. This works for a while, but after a day or two they seem to be forgotten again and the app asks for activation again. In the dashboard both iPhone and iPad show up as ‘connected’ in the mobile devices panel, even while the app on the device itself is asking for re-activation.

Is there a reason why my activations don’t  ‘stick’?

gerard

And, added to that, now I can’t reactivate my iPad at all. I get a new code from the dashboard, but when I enter it I get the message ‘Authentication Revoked - Authorization to use this device has been denied. Please get a new activation code.’

I keep getting this, even if I do get new activation codes.

gerard

Not sure why this is happening to you.  You may try resetting your MBL by its reset button, and  also try a Full Factory Restore.  This issue is very strange, if it is not resolved you may contact WD for support.

Let me guess, it happened after you undated to the newest firmware?  The exact same problem happened to me too.  Now I can’t access the drive by using WD2Go at all, but WD Photo is running ok, so I am guessing that it is the firmware’s problem, or the app was not updated to complay with the newest firmware.

WD Photo can not upload files, and now WD2Go is un-usable, so basically the hard drive is a garbage to me.

Try turning “Remote Access” Off and then On again. We have a known issue we are working to resolve that should be fixed by following the above steps.

@ Laura_F

I’m having the same problem too - “authorisation revoked” every time I try to get an activation code for my iPad or iPhone.  Have turned remote access on and off. Am on latest firmware (only bought the drive yesterday.)  It worked once - but now after repeated attempts I can’t use wd2go or wd2go pro on either mobile device.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the apps also.

Please help !!

hoochie

I just downloaded the app on my iphone but I can’t do anything because is asking me to enter an activation code that I don’t have and I don’t know how to get it.  I went to the support page but I couldn’t find any topic related to the activation code.   Any advise please.  Thanks

Indio, you get the access code from your WD NAS Mobile Device Setup.