Cant upload from exsdcard

I have a samsung note 10 2014 edition. Using WD My Cloud app, I cannot find a way of uploading files from the added sd card, known as extsdcard, to a private share. It only will show the internal sd storage file structure, or gallery, if it happens to be a photo…same problem for downloading.
How do I get files (of all types) from my added sd card to upload to wdlive drive from my samsung note?

Hi, do you get any error messages when you try to move the files? Have you tried moving the files to the PC first and then to the network share? 

When I Hit the ‘upload’ on the directory I want to upload to on the network drive, “my cloud” opens a directory browser for the cell phone…but it only has the internal memory of the phone, the extsdcrd is not listed, and there is no dialog to switch to the extsdcrd.

I can move the files off the phone by taking the card out and putting in PC, then transfering them…but the whole point is not to need to use the pc

Excuse me I stated phone above… but ment my note tablet

I have the same problem on a Razr M,  S3 and Note 10.1?  The upload dialog has no ability to move back to the storage folder to select an external sdard .