Cant read ebooks on android mobile with wd mycloud app

When i access my ebooks from my andriod tab or nexus 5 mobile, I get no viewer app on your device. please download an app from the android market to view this file. I have many apps that will open mobi & epub but not from my wd my cloud app on my mobile device. 

Is anyone else having this issue?

From the My Cloud app, highlight the file you want to open, and then click on the menu key in the upper right part of the screen, press the “Open with” option to select the program to open the file. 

1 Like

I’ve got exactly the same problem, but this solution doesn’t work for me. The app is updated to the last available version.

A bug? More people have this problem but it seems there is no solution.

Still no solution?

The Android MyCloud app on my Galaxy Tab is up to version 4.4.1 yet it still can’t read MOBI files despite having Kindle App installed.

It is as chris513200 said, it still comes up with the message “no viewer app on your device. please download an app from the android market to view this file”.
Clicking on the ‘open with’ has same result (no viewer…)
If I transfer same file to my books folder via USB, it is recognised by the Kindle App and can be opened.

Why has this problem with the Android app not been solved? It was first reported in Jul 2014!