.avi/mkv files

To the complainers here.  You really do not have a complete understanding of this situation and video playback.  I have iOS and Kindle devicns, and neither of these devices can play back anything natively other than the most common types of files such as mp4 and m4v files.  Anything beyond those formats, and a specialized app is required .  In the case of an iPad, plqying back a quality (HD) mkv through another app is marginal at best, because the iPad just does not have the processing power to do a good job playing it, and why we need to convert videos to a more acceptable iPad format. such as mp4/m4v and why a program like Handbrake exists for making the files.

If playback for all the many video formats was built-in to My Cloud, it would become a bloated app for no reason at all, because it can link to other apps that are specialized.  I have no avi or mkv files to play on my tablets, so I would not want all this extra stuff built-in to My Cloud.

I also need to point out that if you had a Seagate drive and their version of My Cloud (called Seagate Media) you would have the same exact issues and complaints, because it has nothing to do with the apps or drives, but what IPads and other tablets can and cannot do!

So, you don’t need for Tony to tell you this again, because I just did.

1 Like