Win Desktop Utility - Move folders instead of scroll

Have you experienced this little bit of joy yet?  If you take your mouse and grab the scroll bar on the folder side of the window, and then you move over into the folder list - the program grabs a folder and moves it in to another folder by mistake.  All while having the mouse held down as if you were scrolling.  This is so easy to do as the scroll bar area is so narrow. How can you stay in that area?   If you move off to the side that doesn’t mean I’m trying to relocate a folder. Geez.

Anyone else replicate this?

1 Like

Hmmm, no, not able to reproduce it on version 1.0.4.34…

Trying 1.0.4.37…

Ok, yeah, I’m seeing it now…

But it only seems to happen if a folder is highlighted that’s two-levels deep or deeper…

First-level folders being hilighted don’t trigger it, that I can tell.

I’m not certain that I tested the folder depth specific thing in the prior version, so I can’t tell if it’s a bug in the newer version…

Probably safer to not Click & Hold – just click above or below the scrollbar to move it.

1 Like

gajtguy wrote:

Have you experienced this little bit of joy yet?  If you take your mouse and grab the scroll bar on the folder side of the window, and then you move over into the folder list - the program grabs a folder and moves it in to another folder by mistake.  All while having the mouse held down as if you were scrolling.  This is so easy to do as the scroll bar area is so narrow. How can you stay in that area?   If you move off to the side that doesn’t mean I’m trying to relocate a folder. Geez.

Anyone else replicate this?

Thank you for sharing gajtguy, this issue is under investigation.